Yield: Makes 1 (8-inch) cheesecake
- 9 sheets graham crackers, broken in half
- 6 PEEPS® Marshmallow Snowmen, halved
- 1⁄4 cup or 1⁄2 stick butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 cups water
- 6–8 PEEPS® Candy Cane Chicks Dipped in Chocolate, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- To make the crust, add the graham crackers and PEEPS® Snowmen to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse together until completely ground and PEEPS® are no longer visible, about 1 minute. Pour in melted butter and pulse until the crust comes together, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the food processor and pour into an 8-inch springform pan. Using the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass, press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer for 10–15 minutes, or until completely firm.
- To make the cheesecake, place the cream cheese and ricotta in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, combine on low speed until softened, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl, underneath the paddle, and the paddle frequently with a rubber spatula.
- Add the sugar and continue mixing on low speed while continuing to scrape down the sides, bottom, and paddle until there are no visible lumps. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until just combined, about 10 seconds after each egg. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Prepare the springform pan for a water bath by wrapping the bottom and sides in plastic wrap coming almost to the top of the pan and then in foil, coming almost to the top of the pan. Place the springform pan in a roasting pan.
- Boil 8 cups water. Once boiled, remove from heat.
- Pour the batter over the crust. Place the roasting pan in the oven and pour the almost-boiling water into the roasting pan. The water should come almost halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake about 90 minutes, until the cheesecake is firm around the edges, but still jiggly in the center (the jiggly area should be about the size of a quarter).
- Remove from the oven and remove cheesecake from the water bath. Remove the foil and plastic wrap from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool at room temperature, about 40–45 minutes. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours (this will help the cheesecake set completely).
- To unmold the cheesecake, gently run a small sharp knife or small spatula around the edges of the pan. Release the latch on the side of the pan and then lift the ring straight up.
- Slice the cheesecake into 6–8 slices and garnish each slice with a PEEPS® Candy Cane Chick.