Private In-home Cooking Workshops
Melanie travels within the Tri-state area – New Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx.
Ready to have a great time and learn in your own kitchen?
Melanie is known for making sure everyone has a fun, relaxing, and educational experience. If you have taken a class with her, you already know that she is a supportive and nurturing teacher while challenging you to overcome any obstacles you may have in the kitchen.
- 1 -4 students $350.00
- 5- 10 $700.00
- If you are interested in multiple session classes, please contact Melanie for pricing.
Cooking and baking can be therapeutic, helping with focus and inspiring creativity. If you are looking for a slow paced, therapeutic class, let Melanie know and she can create a class just for you.
“Melanie is a wonderful instructor that I always recommend to my friends. Her classes and instructing style make for extremely enjoyable, educational experiences. Melanie is meticulous in her preparations and her classes and instruction always make for fun and educational class. You will come to her class as a student and leave as a friend.” —Kara
How it works:
- You chose the date and time of the class. Most classes are typically between 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- All menus are customized so you learn exactly what you want – whether you are looking to learn specific recipes or want to focus on technique.
- A shopping list including all groceries and equipment needed for the class will be sent to you 1 week before the class. If you need wine suggestions, please ask!
- Melanie will arrive at the scheduled time with the recipes to begin the class. You will also receive an electronic copy of the recipes. Melanie is happy to answer follow up questions, if any arise.
What you can expect to learn in class:
- Correctly hold and use a knife
- Prepare foods using several cooking techniques
- Learn to season food properly
- Recognize when food is properly cooked
- Cook without recipes
- Basic Bread Baking
- New Dishes for Newlyweds
- Cooking throughout the Seasons
- Cooking without Recipes
- Cooking from your CSA
- Healthy Meal Makeover
- Olive Oil Tasting
Kids Cooking Classes:
Classes for kids ages 6 and up. Melanie has the same philosophy for teaching kids as she does adults. Kids or parents can design a menu from the very basic to advanced, tailoring it to a child’s likes.
Kids classes are a wonderful way to teach not only about food, but also reading, math and science in a fun and empowering way.
Melanie has done demonstration and speaking events from 10-200 people for corporations, private companies, and specialty food conferences. Contact Melanie for more information on how she can make your event informative and engaging.
In-House Cooking Class Testimonials for Melanie:
“Melanie’s talents extend far beyond the kitchen, where her cooking and leadership are superlative. Her creativity in recipe development and her expertise in table design bolster the incredible flavors she creates. The fact that she does all this dedication to local ingredients and nutrition just adds to her integrity. I recommend her for any culinary-related position.” —Kate
“This was a great experience. I really learned a lot from you and wanted to let you know how appreciative I am.” —Michelle.
“Thank you so much for being a wonderful teacher. I learned a lot from your class. I know it isn’t easy to teach and manage to keep us all interested, but you did just that. Thank you for your understanding, patience and kindness. I wish all my teachers were like you.” —Gale
” You are responsible for one of the most enjoyable, but totally unorthodox cooking lessons I’ve ever had. “Collaborating” with you (which meant watching vicariously through texts and phone photos) as you figured out my great grandmother’s molasses cookie recipe was simply one of the most awesome cooking experiences ever. Watching all of your knowledge and experience come together minute by minute to figure out a 100 year old recipe and recreate my favorite cookie from my childhood left me speechless with gratitude and appreciation for your skills. You really might want to think about finding a way to stream these sorts of sessions to lots of people from your own kitchen! It was so fun and like being in one of your classes!” —Chuck