We’ll learn to make a fascinating, international selection of cheeses from around the globe, then use them to make a complete menu showcasing all that cheesy goodness! Chef Melanie Underwood will teach you to make:
- Goat Cheese;
- and Paneer,
You’ll use those cheeses in a meal featuring:
- Goat Cheese Soufflé;
- Sautéed Broccoli Rabe with Herbed Ricotta Toasts;
- Chilled Avocado Soup;
- Saag Paneer;
- and Panna Cotta with Warm Strawberries.
Your teen will gain a new understanding of chocolate in all its glory, by learning how to use it in baked goods, puddings, cheesecakes, and much more!
Chef Melanie Underwood will lead burgeoning young chefs as they whip up a dessert menu that they can both taste and take home, including:
- Brownie Cheesecake Bites;
- Chocolate-Chip Cookie Bars;
- Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies;
- Chocolate Mousse;
- Chocolate and Banana Pudding; and
- Chocolate and Caramel Crisps.
There is virtually nothing that can’t be made better by bourbon—and that especially applies to the ice cream, cake, truffles, bread pudding, and other delectable desserts that you’ll make in this class! Chef Melanie Underwood will lead you through the techniques to create crowd-pleasing desserts that genuinely bring something extra to the table. You’ll make and then consume:
- Bourbon Ice Cream with Warm Cinnamon Apples;
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Pear Cake with Warm Bourbon Sauce;
- Bourbon Walnut Truffles;
- Maple Bourbon Pots de Crème;
- Hazelnut and Bourbon Whoopee Pies; and
- Caramel and Bourbon Brioche Bread Pudding.
A great accompaniment can transform a good dish to great, or an okay dish to outstanding! Having cooked at the Plaza, the Four Seasons, and many other iconic venues, Chef Melanie Underwood will teach you her secrets to building this all-condiment spread, made totally from scratch.
You’ll be the toast of all your friends as they taste homemade condiments including:
- Classic Ketchup;
- Whole-Grain Mustard;
- Spicy Mustard;
- Sweet Relish;
- Whiskey Barbecue Sauce;
- Hot Sauce;
- Apple Butter; and
- Fig Jam.
The spiralizer, an increasingly popular kitchen tool, can be used to make far more than just veggie noodles! Using OXO brand spiralizers to their fullest, Chef Melanie Underwood shows you how to take this essential piece of equipment to brand-new places—in a fantastic meal that also happens to be entirely vegetarian.
We’ll make and then dine on:
- Pear Crisps with Gorgonzola and Hazelnuts;
- Vegetable Noodle Ramen;
- Savory Butternut Squash Noodle Pie;
- Parsnip Waffles with Ratatouille;
- Butternut Squash Noodles with Vegetarian Bolognese;
- Herbed Cauliflower Rice and Chickpea Salad; and
- Apple-Chip Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Plus, everyone will leave the class with a new handheld spiralizer from OXO
Hot Summer Nights
- Tomato Soup with Cheesy Croutons
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Jicama and Avocado Salad
- Herb Salad with a Citrus Vinaigrette
- Pork chops with Peach Chutney
- No-bake Strawberry Basil Cheesecake
Cooking with Summers Best
- Spicy Melon Soup Shooters
- Salmon Rillettes
- Filet of Beef with Cucumber Sauce
- Asparagus Salad
- Farro Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Feta and Olives
- Raspberry and Mascarpone Tart
Rule Breaking Baking
Baking is a science—except when we don’t play by the rules.
Chef Melanie Underwood’s mouthwatering class proves that the old-fashioned baking methods of baking can still work, and they don’t require measuring much.
You’ll prove that as you make:
- Rhubarb Fruit Crisp with Sorbet;
- Cherry Fool;
- Plum Galette with Maple Crème Fraiche;
- Cinnamon Bread Pudding with a Warm Butter Sauce;
- Espresso Crème Brulee;
- Yogurt Passion Fruit Parfait; and
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake.
Instagram Worthy Desserts for Kids
Details to come!